Saturday, April 30, 2016

Motivation

It's getting to be the end of the school year and my kiddos are having a hard time focusing. It's a feeling I can relate to, I've been having a hard time focusing on my writing all year. It happens from time to time. I somehow manage to lose the joy in writing. I get bogged down in the business of it and forget why I love to write.

If I go through that with a job I love, I can empathize with my kiddos. Let's face it, few kids have ever stated their love of school over the years. And mine are not in that group. They love certain subjects and the love specific subject matters, but school as a whole doesn't do it for them. So this time of year we, my husband and I, have to start getting creative about motivation.

Tickets to see the Silversun Pickups certainly did the trick for my oldest this week. He did a great job staying focused and getting his work in. And that has me thinking maybe I could benefit from this tactic with my writing? Only I can't decide what to use as motivation. Maybe a night at my favorite restaurant if I get words on the page every day of the work week? Maybe a day trip to a winery after I write three chapters? I'm not sure but I'm open to suggestions.

How do you keep yourself motivated when life gets hard? 

No comments:

Post a Comment