Tuesday, February 23, 2016

If at first...

I'm not a crafter. I would love to be one and have nothing but respect for the crafters in my life. I'm just not one. I don't have the knack for it. But ever once in awhile, I decide to give it a whirl.

This is my latest attempt at crafting. My youngest did a presentation on the local animal shelter last year and really wanted to volunteer there. Unfortunately, he's not old enough. The shelter did say he could make 'no sew' cat beds to help out, though. I figured it was for a good cause. And Hancock Fabric's is having a great sale on fleece so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm actually kind of proud of it. It turned out pretty good. Especially given the outcome of the first attempt. I'm not sure what went wrong. I asked for one yard cut in two. Which what the directions called for. But something did, indeed go wrong.



I refused to let it stop me, however, so I started over. Because if at first you don't succeed, try, try again. It's a mantra I need to get better at adopting to my writing. Making a mistake isn't the worst thing in the world. And, besides, my dogs love the goof up!  
Our greyhound enjoying the mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment