Thursday, March 12, 2015

Tricky Traits

Wow! I can't believe March is almost 1/2 way through. Can you? Yikes!

Tomorrow is release day for A Wolf's Promise, my contribution to Decadent Publishing's Black Hills Wolves series. It was so much fun to craft a story in this wonderful world.

The heroine Kinsey is a tenacious woman who impulsively sets off across the country to snag the hero after they have a hot night together and he runs away. Needless to say the hero, Drayce, has his work cut out for him because she's used to getting her way and isn't about to take him being a wolf shifter as an excuse for them not working out.

While writing this story, I got to thinking about many things. Kinsey's impulsiveness really made me think about all the things I would've loved to do that I never quite had the courage to. And Drayce. Oh, poor Drayce.

I crafted part of his personality from a good friend of mine who believes very, very firmly in never, ever making a promise you can't keep. It's a trait I admire so much and one so difficult to maintain. Sometimes it's a bit annoying to have someone so firmly entrenched in specific ideals, especially when you just want to hear what you want to hear. I'm sure we've all been there.

So putting a headstrong heroine against a hero with regimented beliefs was epic fun. The past few releases I've done have all been a bit on the darker side of the paranormal world, so taking a couple of steps back and crafting a lighter romance was a real delight.

What about you? What traits do you admire most? What impulsive thing would you do if given the chance? 

I hope you have a marvelous Friday the 13th, btw. A Wolf's Promise releases tomorrow!!! Woot!


Amazon
aRe
Kobo
iTunes



No comments:

Post a Comment