Tuesday, January 27, 2015

2 Divas, 1 Interview about Bite Marks

Hello everyone! I had the wonderful chance to interview fellow Decadent Diva, Rebecca Royce, and chat about her latest release, Bite Marks—a story written for Fated Desires Publishing’s Paranormal by Mistake line. Let me tell you, it is a great story.

Lia: Hi Rebecca! It seems like the year has kicked off great for you. There are so many great stuff coming out. But let’s talk about your sexy geek accidently turned into a vampire. What was your inspiration behind Bite Marks?
Rebecca:
Well honestly it came out of the call for Paranormal by Mistake by Fated Desires Publishing. I started asking myself how that could happen. How could someone become accidently paranormal? And my muse just took off. A vampire.  It could happen. But how? The whole story just plunged from there.

Lia: What is so special about the story?
Rebecca:
Well I think that George in particular is not your common Alpha hero.  He has to get caught up in this life he knows nothing about

Lia: Tells us a little more about George.
Rebecca:  George is a mystery writer. He’s very successful and has friends but he’s a bit of a loner. He’d love out of his small Texas town but he’s been stuck executing a will for his late mother.  He’s fallen head over heels for Trudy, the local bartender.  She is not interested, at all, but he keeps asking. Finally, she says yes (after reading one of his books…). They have a date all set up but he goes to a bachelor party and there he gets more than he could imagine from a stripper…
He becomes a vampire. After that things are just insane.  Trudy is a werewolf hunter on the run and George is being harassed by a vampire council who is furious he was made without permission. 
I have to say, I really loved writing this story.

Lia: I love a kick ass heroine. Trudy is just that. What do you love about her?
Rebecca:
She has been on her own and she has been surviving. In the worst situations. Trudy lands on her feet. I think that’s what I love about her.

Lia: Any sequel in the works? I’m intrigued by James and Kaden. No pressure. *wink*
Rebecca: For sure there is!! Its on the list for me to write this year. Very excited.

Lia: What are you working on now and what is your next release?
Rebecca:  I am writing a book for a vampire anthology. (Hmmm…who could be in that with me?) And my next release in January 30th, a Werewolf anthology that features my book Eternal (Dragon Wars #2) called Under A Wolf Moon.

Lia: Lots of great stories coming! I can’t wait to read them. Including that vampire anthology coming in October (we will blow vamp lovers away *wink*)



Here’s a little more about Bite Marks. 

Bite Marks
by Rebecca Royce
Fated Desires Paranormal by Mistake line
Heat Level: 4 Flames


George is a mystery writer in a small town who wants nothing more than one date with the local bartender named Trudy. When he finally scores a date, he is ecstatic. But the night before he his bitten by a vampire–and accidently transformed into a member of the Undead. He assumes any chance he had with Trudy died the same night his need for food did.

But, Trudy is more than she seems. A werewolf hunter on the run she knows all about vampires and if she can keep them both alive for any length of time, she might be just what George needs to survive.

Can love survive an accidental bite?




Excerpt:

“How‟s the book coming?” She bit down on her lower lip, a hint of color staining her cheeks. Sure, the skull and wolf tattoos on her arms made her look tough, but the sweetness in her eyes killed the impression. Like him, she hid her true self from the rest of the world. He just knew it.

“Good.” He shrugged. “I never know exactly how the book will turn out until it‟s over.”

“Are you telling me you don‟t know who did it ahead of time?” She moved away from him, poured a beer for the guy three seats down, then returned. “How do you make your plots so complex if you don‟t plot?”

He sat back on his stool. Deliberately copying her turn of phrase, he answered. “Are you telling me you‟ve read my two books?”

She stumbled a step backwards. “Ah…I guess…caught.”

George took her hand in his. He refrained from squeezing it within his own. She could get away from him if she wanted to. “Tell me again why we can‟t have dinner?”

“George.” She smiled a small grin before she pulled her hand from his. “I‟m not dating material. Trust me. I have more shit happening than anyone should deal with, particularly someone as awesome as you.”

“One date. Then, if you don‟t have fun with me, you never have to go out with me again.”

Say yes. Say yes. She never had before, but maybe the ninth time would be the day he finally got the answer he wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment