Friday, October 10, 2014

And in Three Days...

Now you all know that I like to write smutty books with lots of heat.  But in 2008, a newly published author, I sat down to write what I thought was going to be an Urban Fantasy series of the same vein as my Westesrvelt Wolves series.  Third person. Grown up.  A hot warrior named Hart.  (Although my critique partners argued that was not a hero worthy name.)

And the book didn't work. And it didn't work. And it didn't work again. I couldn't make hide nor hair of why it wouldn't work out.  So I stopped and I changed it to 1st person. I liked it better but I still couldn't get the story to speak to me.

Then in the middle of the night it hit me. The problem was it wasn't an adult book. It was a Young Adult/New Adult story and no matter how much I tried to make it a grown up erotic Urban Fantasy, that wasn't going to work.

So here I am now. The story is done. All five full length novels in a box set.  Rachel Clancy's journey Upward into a dystopian post-Armageddon nightmare where science has left the world overrun with Vampires and a Werewolf boy she should be killing holds part of her heart. 

The Warrior Box Set is coming Sept 13th.
http://www.amazon.com/Warrior-Box-Set-Rebecca-Royce-ebook/dp/B00N552LXG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412954256&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Warrior+BOx+Set

Rebecca Royce

No comments:

Post a Comment