Friday, July 11, 2014

Hello My Pretties- Shoes!

If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you will notice that I have a love of shoes. A cute little pump or stiletto can make an outfit go from meh to hot damn! And the best thing about shoes- you can always find a pair that fits. So imagine my delight when I discovered that a local museum was holding an exhibit on modern women's footware.

The exhibit displayed women's shoes from the 1890's through 2000. Boots were the popular style during the turn of the century because hemlines rose due to fabric shortages. Must keep those sexy ankles covered ladies! Then the flapper age dawned and the pump as we know it was born to help support the foot for all of those new happening dance moves.
Anna Alexander at the shoe exhibit
A cute vintage prom dress from the '50s


Anna Alexander- shoes
The styles of the 40's and '30s


Anna Alexander- Red Pumps
Red Velvet pumps from the '40s. Yes, I wanted them!

Alas, they watched me too closely to sneak some of these lovelies into my pocket, but they are having an event in September I hope to attend. Open Toes and Cosmos. How great is that?
Anna Alexander- Black Pumps
Look at how thin that heel is.

So what are your favorite shoes? Platforms or sandles? Sky high or a little kitten heel? Whatever your fancy, I hope they make you feel truly decadent.



All four books of the
Heroes of Saturn Series
out now!

Until next time my friends!
Anna - The Super Diva


Find me and say Hi!
Website- http://annaalexander.net/
Facebook
Twitter- @AnnaWriter
Newsletter
Amazon Page



2 comments: