Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Wild Wicked Weekend

I don't go to many conferences. I have social anxiety issues and being in crowds of people I don't know kind of freaks me out. But there is one conference that I go to and I have a great time at. It's Wild Wicked Weekend.

Held during the end of February in San Antonio, this conference is laid back but boy is it decadent. It's readers, writers, and cover models getting together for a couple days of fun. There are cover pictures (where you get to pretend you're on a romance cover) taken by the very talented Taria R. Reed. That's mine right over there. There are costume contests. There's a trip to a BDSM dungeon. This year there was also body painting and Sex Position Gumby. Yeah, that last one you have to see to actually understand :)

The beauty of the conference, for me at least, is I can do the things I want to do but there's no pressure for me to do things I'm not interested in.

But my favorite part of the conference is I get to see my author friends. Writing can be an isolating profession. And this year has been kind of rough. It's nice to get away from the business of writing and just hang out with your friends. And, by the end of the weekend, everybody there was a friend.

So if you're free in February of 2017 you should check it out.

http://wildwickedweekend.com/

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite conferences for the laid back attitude. I get more out of the chatting with others than any meeting or lesson. :)

    ReplyDelete