Monday, November 30, 2015

Winter Wonderland?

Winter is my least favorite season. It's cold, expensive, and I miss swimming in the pool. But, as much as I dislike it, it does have it's good points as well. So, in the spirit of the season, here are my five favorite things about winter.

5. I get to sleep in: This is the season of holidays, which means I don't have to get the kids up and out early as many days as I did in the fall. They get a week off for Thanksgiving and two whole weeks off for Christmas break. The best part about Christmas break is my husband gets that entire time off as well.

4. Hot Chocolate: To be fair, I could drink hot chocolate year round. I don't actually need it to be cold to drink it. But it does seem to taste better when it's cold outside.

3. Sweater Weather: It gets hot here in Texas. Which I love! For the most part. By the time November rolls around, however, I am ready to wear something different. I've been in shorts and tank tops for like six months. So it's nice to be able to wear jeans and sweaters without having a heat stroke. 

2. Dessert: In the warmer months fruit is about all I can handle for dessert. It's just too hot to eat anything rich. But once the weather cools, I'm all about the cakes and pies. And the ultimate brownies (pictured to the left)

1. Romance: Romance, like hot chocolate, can be indulged in year round. And is in my house. But as the nights get longer and cooler, there is nothing better than snuggling under the covers. All the gift giving and time off helps as well. 

What are your favorite things about winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment