Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Anna is in New York- RWA 2015

Welcome to New York!

For eight days I explored the island of Manhattan for the Romance Writers of America National Conference. The trip was extra special because I was able to spend some time with my sister and brother before conference ramped up.

I visited The Woman in Gold at the Neue Galerie, scoured the shelves at Midtown Comics and the Drama Book store, looked at all the pretty fabrics at Mood, saw Ant-Man at the movie theater in Times Square, went to the top of Rockefeller Plaza, and sampled cuisines ranging from Japanese to the hole in the wall Ramen shop where I watched the progression of a cockroach as it crossed the ceiling and the horrified face of the woman who sat directly under said cockroach. As I said, welcome to New York.

I also got to see some excellent theater such as The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time and Finding Neverland. Both were fantastic! The conference itself was interesting as always. Talked to some of my favorite authors, networked like crazy, and made plans with my friends to take over the world. But I have to say that the highlight of the week was watching my friend Anna Richland win the Rita award for best novella for His Road Home. A book that has been featured on this blog. And I'm not just saying that because she thanked me personally in her speech. I am so proud of her!

But what's a conference with a video? Below are some of the highlights of my trip.





Thanks for the memories y'all.

Anna- The Super Diva

Get your copy today as we count down
to the next Sprawling A book!
Website- http://annaalexander.net/
Facebook
Twitter- @AnnaWriter
Newsletter
Amazon Page
YouTube 

No comments:

Post a Comment