Friday, May 15, 2015

Guest Post: Welcome Leigh Ellwood!

One thing I enjoy about self-publishing is I don’t need to adhere to word counts. I intend to submit more to publishers in the next few years, but sometimes I write a story and find it only goes so long. A story may end naturally at ten thousand words or twenty thousand, and while it looks fine to my eyes, a publisher may want something shorter for an anthology, or longer for print consideration.
That’s fine. I enjoy guidelines, too, because there are times I need discipline. My goal in the next year is to complete a novel again, but there are reasons I am writing shorter these days. Short stories, like the ones I have in Sexy To Go, Volume 4 and Mythologically Torqued help me work with ideas I’ve had in my head for a long time. “Sly Fox” appears in Sexy To Go 4 and is the result of a series idea I’ve entertained for the last year. After visiting Rehoboth Beach a few years ago, I envisioned a series of stories set in beach town with a focus on the LGBT district. I hadn’t had the opportunity to do anything with the concept until the Sexy To Go authors got together. Being a part of the group has allowed me to shape the setting. In Volume 3 I published “He’s So Sly,” and in the fifth volume I will have another story in what I now call The Men of Sylvester Street series.
Mythologically Torqued will be published by Torquere Press. I answered a call for stories with a mythology “twist.” I’ve wanted to write something like a romantic comedy for a while, and this call inspired me to turn the rom com into a M/M fantasy set on the river Styx. In “Styx and Stone” the lonely ferryman has an updated look and a love interest. I had so much fun with the story, the first time in a while I really let go.
As for the future, a novel-length work is in the works. These opportunities for publishing shorter works has increased my desire to write.






About Sexy To Go

April showers bring May flowers and erotic romance stories filled with BDSM, contemporary and historical lovers, psychics, erotic science fiction and paranormal twists. With so many stories to choose from, there’s no way to read just one, so read all ten! Then, come back next month for another sassy bundle of Sexy to Go.




About Mythologically Torqued

Mythology, whether classic or modern, has always taken readers on a magical ride. Mythologically Torqued, volume I, takes those tales from days of old, or more recent history, and places a unique spin on the beloved lore.
The gods of Olympus make appearances, as do deities from Japanese, Norse, and other belief systems. With rampant sexual desires, these gods manage to slake their thirst for passions of the flesh in a rather untraditional manner…if the oral traditions passed down from generation-to-generation were at all accurate.

These fifteen short stories are penned by both seasoned scribes and new authors; the anthology provides readers with the perfect opportunity to explore offerings from their favorite storytellers as well as find a new favorite or two. And, a unique perspective on the stories we enjoyed—or were forced down our throats at the hands of a sadistic English teacher or two—in our youth.





About Leigh
Leigh Ellwood writes romance and erotica. She enjoys reading and binge watching 70s-80s British TV. She is active on Twitter and invites you to drop her a line at @LeighEllwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment