Friday, March 20, 2015

Wolves and shared worlds

I love working with other authors. Especially with shared worlds. One of the few shared worlds I'm working on is the Black Hills Wolves. I love this world and all the authors I get to work with. My story, Tempting the Wolf, is #13 in the series and releases on April 3rd!!


Tempting the Wolf
Black Hills Wolves #13

Pre-order it today! 
Google Play: http://bit.ly/1MspwoT

Tao Pack Tracker, Alanna Kemp possesses the rare gift of mind control. She allows nothing to stand in her way of keeping the existence of shifters a secret from humans—until she meets a sexy human doctor who stirs emotions long buried and puts her Wolf on a lethal edge.
Bastian Storm wants to start a new life in a new place where no one knows about his failures as a doctor. But when his past catches up to him, threatening the life of an innocent, he must place his trust in the hands of a woman with a deadly secret in order to save more lives than his own.




Excerpt:

A moment later, a dark-haired woman stormed into the room. The door slammed against the wall as she headed straight for their trauma bay. Her bright blue glare fixed on the boy, and her lips were set in a thin line.
Annoyed, Bastian stepped in front of her. “Miss, you can’t be in here until I remove the bullet from his stomach.”
She faced him and narrowed her eyes. He swore he saw a slight color shift before she glanced away. “He’s my son, and he can’t be here.”
Forcing himself to calm down, he held her narrowed-eyed glare. “I’m afraid your son may need surgery.”
“He can’t stay here,” she repeated, shaking her head and darting her gaze to the door.
“Your son has been shot.” He kept his tone low. “I can have a nurse show you to the waiting area.”
The muscles in her temples flexed as if she clenched her jaw. She glanced around, fixing a stare on the few people within listening distance, then returned her gaze on him. The blue in her gaze brightened slightly, confirming his earlier thought of seeing them change. What the hell? The double doors to the ER opened, drawing his attention to a large man stalking down the hall, ignoring the staff as they tried to stop him. When the kid’s mother turned to glare at the newcomer, Bastian swore her pupils reflected the lights.
The man had dark brown hair, a shade lighter than the woman’s, and he stood at least three inches taller than Bastian. His navy-blue eyes narrowed on Bastian as he spoke to the woman. “Alanna, grab the kid and let’s go.”
“I ran into a situation.” She spoke through her teeth as she locked gazes with Bastian.
The man leaned in and whispered something into her ear. She shook her head. “Can’t.”
“Damn it, Alanna. I’m going to get Cody.”
When he stepped around her, she blocked him and placed a hand on his chest. “Go wait for me in the truck.”
They stared at each other for several long moments, and Bastian wondered what the deal was with the two of them. He shook his head. Not my business. “Look. Both of you can have a seat in the waiting room. I’ll come out as soon as I have word on your son’s condition.”
The man glanced from him to Alanna and smirked. “I’ll be out in the truck. You two have fun.”
“Cody comes with us. You will allow me to take him and won’t remember we were here.”
Enough with the shit already. He stepped into her space to stand almost nose-to-nose with her. “This is my ER tonight and my rules. I will operate on the kid and will not allow him to die on my watch. Are we clear?”
One side of her full lips lifted. “Oh, I’m starting to see things much clearer. I do apologize for this.”

Before he could ask for what, she slammed her palm to his forehead and everything went dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment