Friday, January 23, 2015

March Madness!

I just found out my Black Hills Wolves book, Reluctant Mate, is going to be released March 20th! Yay. I'm so excited. That's only four days before Assassin Queen. March is going to be a wonderful, if not slightly crazy, month for me. And I'm really looking forward to it. It's always so rewarding to see a project come to completion and put it out in the world for others to share.

I've posted a couple times about Assassin Queen. I've even given a couple sneak peeks at it. But I haven't said much about Reluctant Mate. I figured today would be the day to fix that. Here's the first peek at it.

Blurb:

Aimee Crest is the prissiest, most stuck-up Wolf Jackson Cooper has ever met.  The woman has a temper that would send sailors running and enough emotional baggage to keep a shrink in business for a lifetime. A Wolf would do well to steer clear of her. And Jackson would be happy to do just that—if it weren’t for one little thing that makes her irresistible to him. She’s his mate.

It’s a fate Aimee didn’t ask for and one she’s not at all happy about. She doesn’t want  a mate. More to the point, she refuses to accept one. Even if that mate happens to be tall, muscular, and damn good with his hands. He won’t be able to seduce his way into her heart. She won’t let him.

But in this battle of wills, there is no middle ground. Somebody is going to have to surrender.

Excerpt: 


She rolled her eyes. “What gives you the right to hunt me down in the dead of night?”

The voices he’d heard earlier reached him clearly, and he realized the sounds came from a stereo somewhere in the house. She hadn’t been ignoring him. She’d been taking a bath. But that didn’t excuse her earlier behavior. “You’re my mate, and you lied to me. You told me you were married.”

“I showed you my wedding ring. I didn’t tell you a damn thing.”

He snorted at the distinction. “You meant for me to think you were married so I’d leave you alone. Why? Didn’t like the universe pairing you with a commoner?” There. He’d told her the truth.

“It wouldn’t have made any difference to me if you were a homeless bum or the prince of a European country. I just want to be left alone.”

Yeah. Like she would’ve turned her cute little nose up at a prince. He didn’t believe her for one second. But he couldn’t come right out and call her a liar. That would kill any shot they had of getting together. He’d waited his entire life to find her. As much as she irritated him, he still hoped they would find a way to make some sort of relationship work. “Fine. But if you wanted me to leave you alone, you should’ve had the decency to tell me to my face. If your ring meant half as much as it should, you wouldn’t be hiding behind it. And you most certainly shouldn’t use the memory of your dead husband to lie to people.”

She glared at him, and her body trembled. “You have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Yeah. That’s what happens when you go around lying to people.”

“Okay. You want to know the truth?” Her eyes snapped with anger, but her scent held a sweet undertone of pleasure. She enjoyed arguing with him.

“Please.”

“My husband died two years ago from cancer. My pack did nothing to help him. They could’ve, but they chose not to. So no, I don’t give a shit if the heavens open up and the stars align to spell out, ‘he’s the one.’ My pack turned their back on me, so I’ve turned my back on their traditions.”


“You’re going to punish me for what they did. Or what they didn’t do as the case may be?”

Her eyes glittered with unshed tears. “Collateral damage.”


“But that’s not—”


“Life’s not fair.” She slammed the door in his face.


*************

Have you been following the Black Hills Wolves series? If not, now would be the perfect time to check it out. It really is an amazing series about redemption and second chances.

The first book in the series, Wolf's Return, by Rebecca Royce can be found here: Decadent Publishing 

Heather Long's story, What a Wolf Wants, is the second one in the series: Decadent Publishing

And Black Hill's  Desperado by D. L. Jackson is the third book and is out today: Decadent Publishing 

All these stories are also available on Amazon as well if you wanted to go check out the blurbs and download the samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment