Thursday, July 24, 2014

Great Expectations

You know what I need? I need to be 'Cait Miller' in my real life.

Cait is brave, outspoken, shameless, unafraid off her sexuality. She has an awesome wardrobe and a great social life to go with it. Cait is the person who told a roomful of people something she hadn't even told her closest friend. She's the one who can stand in front of those same people and talk about sex without blushing (much). She's the person who said 'I want a tattoo dammit' and went and got not one but two. She sings karaoke occasionally and given enough vodka. Cait travels to foreign countries alone and makes friends without worrying what they think of her.

Cait is everything I would be if I wasn't afraid for my job and of what my family and friends would say or think. Wouldn’t it be great if we could all live without that fear? Then again perhaps that fear is what keeps some really bad behaviour in check for some people.

What would you do with your life if you didn’t have to live up to others expectations of you? Or maybe you are one of the lucky ones who already does. If that’s the case, I salute you...while I still try to find the courage to break completely free of those chains.

2 comments:

  1. I'll raise a glass to that. I can't count the times I wished I was as brave as Chandra Ryan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own it ALMOST all the time. Still working on that last little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete