Friday, April 25, 2014

Every Person Has A Story To Tell

And I guess this is supposed to be mine? But really, wouldn't you like to hear about somebody else? Maybe a royal who was cast out and forced to be a servant only to be recalled by the crown when he realizes she's useful to him? Or maybe you'd rather hear all about a rancher on a settler planet who is about to lose everything she's ever loved?

No? Not right now? Oh, okay. Well then...I guess I'll tell you about a girl who was brought up in small-town rural America. Not overly exciting. I know. But her story is close to my heart.

Her mother was in the Air Force and she loved moving from base to base and making new friends. But after her mother left the service when she was in the third grade, she was forced to move from California to central Illinois. It wasn't a happy time. She didn't fit in and everybody teased her.

Okay, maybe not everybody. But some days it felt like it.

She persevered, however. And she grew up went to college to study psychology. People fascinated her. Everything about them was interesting. But the thing she loved the most was figuring out their motivation. Why did they do the crazy things they did? Because once you figured that out, life made so much more sense. To her, at least.

She fell madly in love and somehow managed to capture the attention of the object of her affection. Though it did take some time and they had to overcome some pretty major conflict together, they found their HEA (Happily Ever After). And she decided that that's what she wanted to do with the rest of her life. She wanted to write about people, their conflicts, what motivates them, and how they find their HEA. Yes, the people are fictional. But she likes to think that there are real people out there who take comfort in her stories and are inspired to never give up in going after the things they love.

So that's me in a nutshell. I've written fantasy, sci-fi, and the occasional paranormal. My stories are hot and focus on women who are comfortable with their bodies and unapologetic about their sexuality because that's the kind of woman I aspire to be. Just like my books, however, I'm a work in progress.

If you want to know more about the stories I've written (yes, the royal and the rancher are in there) feel free to stop by my website: www.ChandraRyan.com

And if you want to know more about me-I'm a rather large nut. There's a lot more than what's in that shell I just wrote. You can follow me on Twitter: @ChandraRyan or friend me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chandra.ryan

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment